
So Shelly and I are going to write a short something every day or so, in an attempt to keep everyone somewhat informed in what we are doing. We also know that the only reason why you might check our blog site on a regular basis is to see how Madison is doing, so we will be keeping a journal of her daily activities, what new things she has been doing, and what she should start to do soon, according to the "know-all books".
I will start this with the fact that Madison has been having trouble getting enough sleep. Naps are almost non existant for our little monster, and though sometimes she sleeps through the night, other times she is up every two hours screaming bloody murder. Again, refering to the books, they say you are suppose to let them put themselves to sleep, but her screams our about as blood-curdling as Medusa's stare, and when in an 800 sq ft home, there is no escaping. This is especially tough on Shelly, since I have an inate ability to tune out noises (a skill I learned by tuning out screaming flight instructors), this seems to bother Shelly much more than me. In short, it is a tap dance to keep Madison sleeping through the night. We have learned that if she starts acting tired, it is too late, but if we put her down before that she can be out for the count. I, personally, am trying to teach her the art of sleeping for long periods of time, but she doesn't seem interested in such a skill.
No comments:
Post a Comment