Thursday, June 03, 2010

School is Out...



" If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers." - Edgar W. Howe

Ok, I am TOTALLY kidding, well mostly... Last Friday we celebrated Madison's PreSchool Graduation (yes they graduate from pre school, who knew!?).

(Madison asked me for some make up for the "big day" so I figured a few shimmery products were harmless)

I have to first congratulate Madison upon completing pre school, not that we doubted her abilities to do so, but we are quite proud of her. Educationally it was a big year.... learning to write her name, beginning to spell, hints of learning to read, and slowly phasing out of temper tantrums when not getting her way.

I am equally impressed with the blessed hearts of those who have the patience and love to be pre school teachers - they enjoy a congratulatory pat on the back as well... Who else in the world loves glitter and wet paint as much a pre school teacher!? Definitely not the anal mom who takes it home in her car everyday.

Ok, enough sarcasm - You have caught me on an odd day :)

Honestly though, there is nothing cuter than watching 30 children line up to sing, cheer, and receive diplomas - they were all so happy and proud of themselves, and they should be, they are becoming little adults. And while I might argue they were just smiling because school was over and they would get to hang out with their moms all summer, the truth is, at this age, kids love school - and if they had their way they would go every day all summer - and if mom's had their way - they would send them.

Happy Summer Break!

Cheers,

Shelly






No comments: