We have had a busy last two weeks. It started last weekend when I took Madison and Kate to spend Easter with my family in Ohio. Yes, when I say "I" I mean "I." Shelly spent the weekend in D.C. with our friend from San Diego, Suzanne. If you wonder how the flights went, Kate is at that age (1 year to about 3 years old) where I will do anything to avoid flying with her. she is too mobile to stay still for anytime at all and not old enough to keep her attention with books, games, or dvds. On the other hand, Madison did great. She is now at that age, where she understands the stress of traveling for us and actually helps instead of hindering while traveling. In summary, I am thankful for the one hour, direct flight, but I would do it again, even with a restless one year old.(My 94 year old grandmother working in her yard and teaching M how to play Scrabble)
We had a great Easter. Kate and Madison spent most of their weekend with their great grandmother. Grandma Pedigo (also known as Grandma Elaine by Madison, who likes to call all adults by their first name no matter how much we correct her) worked with Kate on walking and taught Madison how to play Scrabble. We also helped Grandma in the yard. Of course, we had time to get ice cream at the same ice cream shop my grandmother took me to when I was Madison's age.
(Uncle Van entertaining Madison. Kate entertaining everybody else)
(Kate having a blast with Grandma Pedigo. Madison and Nana dying Easter eggs.)
On Sunday, Dad, Madison, and I went to the church across the street from Grandma's house. It was actually the same church Mom and Dad got married in, though Grandma is a devout Baptist and has been going to the Akron Temple for most her life. After church, we ate a huge brunch that Grandma and Mom prepared. Eventually Mom and Dad started their drive back to Lexington and Uncle Van said his goodnight. After I got the girls to bed, Grandma and I sat and visited for a while before she, too, retired for the evening. However, I stayed up for a long while reflecting back on all the memories I had in that house and in Richfield. I will forever remember this year's Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment