Friday, February 13, 2009

Day Break

Let me begin by saying that I am actually only writing because I feel like I must at least attempt to keep the promise I made only last week to blog every Friday. So, once again it is Friday night, I have put the girls to bed, cleaned the bathroom (yes, this is a new thrilling Friday activity for some of us) watched my DVR of Grey's Anatomy, and here I am... barely.



The new activity in our house is waking at day break with Kate. Yes, our sweet, quiet child has decided that there is a party to be had at 5:20 am every day last week. Are you freaking kidding me, this is totally insane. I have tried everything (even sleeping through it and letting Will deal with it) but nothing has worked. I have consulted old trusty, Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child, and old faithful, Babywise 2..... they have nothing that has worked on this kid - so here we are at 8:45pm.... barely.

Aside from waking at the crack of dawn, we have been fortunate to see the thermometer reach a whopping 72 degrees this week! So, what once used to be daily life for us (San Diego) is now a rare and welcome gift. On that note, we have taken every opportunity possible to get outside. There are two great parks near us that we have been frequenting and both of the girls have a great time. The only hitch is that one of the parks closes at 3:50pm (yes, not 4:00, 3:50) and they actually send the park ranger to round you up and move you out. Totally Lame.


M has finally learned the art of pumping her legs on the swing



Did I mention she is as ornery as Madison?
We also bring the walking toy to the park with us (green thing in back left, and she has a field day)





M loves the merry go round... she must get that from Will because I get sick just watching


Aside from spending time at the park we have enjoyed taking walks before dinner down to the dock. Unfortunately we are not going to check on our boat, however just enjoying the quiet, the view, and anything that might surprise us - like the swans.




Home Sweet Home


Our neighborhood

The dock (and our empty boat slip)




The Swan (M and I call her Emma... I have no idea why really)






I am now looking at the clock and mentally preparing for our 5:00am Saturday wakeup, brutal. We are holding out on the hope that it is just a tooth or something. Anyhow in the morning, thanks to our dear friend Steph Marty and her awesome care packages for the girls, we will be making pink chocolate chip pancakes in honor of Valentines Day... should be fun!

Check back next week... I am headed to Detroit to meet up with Steph and her family as I was fortunate enough to be hired to help with her sisters wedding this July. A little work and a lot of fun... Should be a great time! So, I will try to post before I go.

2 comments:

Dave said...

i can't believe how much the girls have grown! need to see you folks soon... (and you're not allowed to say folks unless you're in the southeast)

Dave said...

btw, check out http://our2dogblog.blogspot.com