Well, it has been an adventure at our home lately. The last time I spoke to many of you we were planning on leaving amazing San Diego and moving to D.C. mid November... Needless to say, the Navy likes to keep things interesting.
Nearly two weeks ago Will was given the opportunity to go to the Navy War College for the next session. Thus, last week he received orders which will take us to Newport, Rhode Island. Did I mention he received his orders October 24th and class begins November 2nd? So, in a matter of a week we have rented a 26ft U-Haul, and with the help of friends, family, Prozac and alcohol (just kidding) loaded a truck (which did not even hold all of our things.... yes we lost our BBQ along with a few other sacrifices) bribed Will's cousin to be our "long haul driver" and now find ourselves halfway into being across the country.
On October 30th, Will and Madison will embark on a nice long flight leaving sunny San Diego (poor Will, he has no idea what he is in for flying alone that far with Madison... I think it is great!) and make their way to Newport. Newport, as you may already know, is home to the famous Breakers Mansion, Grace Ormonde and what I am told is some of the "oldest money in the country," and did I mention fabulous -10 degree winters. Honestly though, I have heard it is a great town and it should be a nice year. I will be joinint them November 8th after I wrap up wedding season and have 8 peaceful nights to catch up on my sleep and read a few books I have been wanting to get to.
Beginning November 1st, we have rented a great 4 bedroom, 3 story house in downtown Newport. We are 3 blocks away from the Narragansett Bay, 3 blocks from downtown, and 3 blocks from Will's school. Clearly we will have some extra bedrooms, amidst the sitting rooms, sun rooms, and whatever other crazy rooms we have not had for our last 4 years in San Diego. We would love to have any and all of you visit, and really hope you will do so. Like I said earlier, we will be there from November of 07 to November of 08. I personally, feeling more like a San Diegan, recommend you all to visit in the spring and summer (who really wants to be that cold in the winter anyway?) but we do have friends who have already planned on joining us for a winter vacation. It is your call :)
Our new address is:
103 Third St
Newport, RI 02840
I will send our home phone when I retrieve it from our packed up filing cabinet...
our Cell's have not changed. Will: 619.985.8859 Shelly: 619.929.9297 Madison: as much as she would love one.... never.
I hope you all are well and we will write more soon when things slow down a bit.
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good Luck on the move! Hopefully Nate and I can visit while you are living there, we would love to see you guys and the area. I am wishing all the luck to Will on his journey on the plane with Madison. Enjoy your week alone and relax! Miss you!
Post a Comment